HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
My foundation degree journey - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

My foundation degree journey

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My foundation degree journey - Page 2 Empty Re: My foundation degree journey

Post by mrsp Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Wish i had assignments like that -it sounds far more interesting than mine !xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 pm

I quite like this one as well my final one for this module is to do an extended enquiry but haven't looked at that yet.
Had a bit of a loss of temper with my tutor for other module on Sat (although he dont know it yet) asked him about referencing for first part cos it's only 750 words and we need to discuss the four major disciplines for assessing childhood it wants us to inlcude references and it's only 120 words per discipline - not much so he says oh refencing doesn't count in text (it distinctly says it does in the guide) and then he says oh if words are short just put a number in brackets and then write up a reference list.
Now this is totally against all previous modules so I thought sod you and have sent an email to o.u. asking them to clarify their referencing policy. Have also emailed him to ask for confirmation of what he said on Saturday.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am

got my results for the other module (the one with the tutor I don't like!)
I am very pleased with this one as I wrote it while OFSTED were in! Well I started it the day we got the call as I had a p.d. day and finished it on the Wed eve at 11.30. The marking policy has changed and I have got a pass 2 (anything between 70 and 85% I got 79%). The tutors comments included
'at times your writing becomes a trifle unclear - take care this does not happen'
but I think a 'trifle unclear' is not too bad considering my mind was taken up on other things and I didn't have time to proof read lol

Well onwards and upwards must finish off the last E101 tma (one more after this for that one which is the final must pass one) and start the reading for next childhood one which isn't due in until may but would like to start part A which is to research a youth subculture and write a case study on it!! I've a whole book to read before that!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:07 am

Go Girl! And while the dreaded O were there ! As my grandson says "Wow" well done
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:31 pm

well passed assignment 4 with 85 so now only got the end of module assignment left which is not too bad got a month to do that. Although got one due 16th May for my childhood module.
I've applied for my next module in october which is primary subject knowledge and practice. I am not allowed to do a level 3 course under transistional fee arrangements until I have done both level 2 course so I will only have one module next October. I'm going to do my science gcse instead.
I'm so pleased I started this when I did. I am paying 750 a module if I'd started later it would be 2500 per module!!!!!!!!!!!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Well done Helen! What a clever lady!Gosh what a difference in costs !so pleased things are working out xxxxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat May 18, 2013 10:06 am

well second essay has gone in for 'childhood' this one entitled 'play is a child's work discuss with relevant academic studies' or some such twaddle. also write a case study on a youth sub culture. Now I would think the sencond bit would have been quite easy but actually was the harder for me.
I'm not expecting anything special for this one as had to visit Sarah on a number of occasions to sort her planning and her out. Long story and not quite out of the woods yet but at least I'm not rushing of to Scarborough for a night of planning then having to drive back and get myself ready for the next day!!!! The first essay about 'what is a child' came back with a pass 2 (they keep changing the naming of the scoring.)
Now I have my end of module assignment for my other module to do before end of May and I can then concentrate on this childhood module. Roll on the holidays. As we move year groups after this half term you would think I would be having an easy week but it is going to be as hectic as usual.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Sat May 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Life is always hectic Helen ....whenever things are put in place to make it easier ..it just makes it worse. Well done for the pass on the first essay.
Good luck with the other two .. Hope Sarah is ok xxx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I have just received my mark for E212 childhood and I got 85
absolutely amazed
now to finish and proof read last assignment for E101.
then I am going to breathe
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Wow Helen you are brilliant !!
cheers
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Tue May 28, 2013 7:58 pm

nope just got the hang of writing to specification. I am dead pleased with this one cos I thought I'd bombed. just got to work on belief now!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 pm

finished my end of module assignment for E101 cheers
I have put all books and files away pertinent to that one and now only have E212 books and files study . I can actually see my dining room table!!!!!!!
Going to spend afternoon doing housework to celebrate lol!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 pm

just found out I have passed E101 so that is 120 credits towards my 360 this time next year I hope to have my f.d. fully finished with just another 120 to my degree.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:34 pm

Congratulations Helen ! Well done xx
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:37 pm

submitted my final assignment for E212 today - a week early but before you all say wow well done I wanted to get it written 4 weeks ago so I would have the whole of the holidays and september to revise for the exam in October. So now I've got September to revise wish me luck because anything I put into my brain is forgotten about within a minute.
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2