HLTA and Teaching Support
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» test topic
Weight Loss EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:35 pm by caffeine needed

» LEARNING SUPPORT POSIITON INTERVIEW
Weight Loss EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:07 pm by caffeine needed

» Welcome to Teaching Support
Weight Loss EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Newbie to the forum
Weight Loss EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 pm by caffeine needed

» Evidence for standards
Weight Loss EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:54 pm by caffeine needed

» HLTA portfolio evidence
Weight Loss EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm by caffeine needed

» hlta standard 1
Weight Loss EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:52 pm by caffeine needed

» Sorry Folks x
Weight Loss EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm by caffeine needed

» Level 3 optional unit Support children and young people during transitions.
Weight Loss EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 pm by Lil Miss Sunshine

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Top posting users this week
No user

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of HLTA and Teaching Support on your social bookmarking website

Weight Loss

+3
mrsp
Gracie
Lil Miss Sunshine
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Weight Loss Empty Weight Loss

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 am

I have lost quite a hefty amount of weight since April last year. The initial wake up call regarding my weight came when I had taken part in the March for the Alternative rally in London March 2011. After tramping round about 8 miles my feet were killing and I mean killing. I could hardly walk on one of them. Threw painkillers down my neck and put it down to being a 'little' heavy Laughing
The following day I could not walk, foot was swollen and again very painful. A trip to A & E revealed I had several stress fractures! Lose weight or continue to have problems like this. So lose weight I did.
I have now lost 7 stone and dropped five dress sizes! Shocked My green coat and those that have met me know of my little target here, now wraps around me, must buy a new one but I can get a thick cardigan under it now lol. Before I could 'just' fasten it.
So how? Simples, low fat foods, cut out too much wheat and as I lost weight more walking Very Happy No fancy diets, joining clubs or buying shakes. I have changed my whole foody life style. I do still have treats but then it is over and get back to eating properly. I do still crave cakes and anything remotely gooey but manage it well and stuff a low fat yoghurt down my neck instead Laughing
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

https://teachingsupport.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Weight Loss Empty Re: Weight Loss

Post by Gracie Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

As a lifetime yo-yo dieter, I am awe-struck with admiration!!! 7 stone!!!! Platinum medal stuff! I have lost a stone since May (actually one and a half stone, as I put half a stone back on in August, on holiday). But that's with the aid of Diet Chef. I think it's pretty good (if you stick to it), but you do get fed up with the food. I've been doing it five days a week. It's also expensive, so I've finished it now and hope I can find the will power to continue with the SO small portion sizes. I've done them all in the past -Weightwatchers, Slimming World, etc. I do eat very healthily, I just eat too much of it!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 pm

Brilliant and so insparational Cindy !!!
Ive just come back from my slimming world weigh in and ive lost 2lbs this week thats 13.5lb so far so feeling quite chuffed .I need to be really good cos I need to get in that fab ball gown that hanging on my wardrobe !!!
xxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 am

Well done Linda! That is fantastic! My loss is definitely on the move again after a long stall and clothes feeling loose again Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 am

Weight loss is definitely on the move (helped along a little by my accident) and I know according to my scales have lost over half a stone since my last weigh in. Will try to get to docs on Monday for official weigh in Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Fabulous! You are doing amazingly! Wish I could say the same .................. no weight loss this week. Still, I guess staying the same is better than putting it on!!!!

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Jayne Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:18 pm

You have done so brilliantly CIndy, so glad your accident hasn't put you back any x x x
Lady Jayne
Lady Jayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Brilliant work Cindy,well done xxxx
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:43 am

Much better than on Gracie and thanks guys, going to try and get an official weigh in next week Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 am

Since being off the pill my weight loss has stepped up a bit and this week I have lost nearly 5 pounds (according to my scales, which are not that reliable lol, but they are only a little bit out from the docs scales)
I have a new found energy and a spring in my step. Not sure that is because I decided to pull out of my cert ed, the happy pills I am on due to the accident or lack of pill. Laughing But weight loss is good in my mind and may it continue Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm

You are doing AMAZINGLY!! I hope it's making you feel a bit better after all the accident trauma. I am surrounded by folk at work on the 5/2 diet. There's been a lot in the press about it recently - 'intermittent fasting'. You eat what you like for five days of the week, and just 500 calories on the other two days. Decided to give it a go, I fasted on Tuesday and then today. I'm starving!!!! 500 calories is not much ............ when you put the whole day's food together, it looks like lunch for a toddler! What keeps you going is the thought that 'I can eat it tomorrow'. A colleague has been on it for two weeks and has lost 5lbs - and she seems to be eating very well on her non-fasting days. I guess it's just another 'fad', but I figure anything's worth a try.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:12 am

mmnn sounds very odd lol, wouldnt your body hold onto more fat with fasting but good luck with it and let us all know the results Very Happy

My scales reading a pound less this morning Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:47 pm

oh wouldnt be any good for me Gracie I start to shake if I go hungry for any length of time my weight loss is on hold at the moment there is so much on and the more stressed I feel the more I snack
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gracie Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:33 pm

I know what you mean, caffeine. Just been shopping, so as I am typing this I have a cup of tea and an M&S pain au chocolat!!!!!! Yummy! Definitely not a 'fasting' day today! x

Gracie

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:37 pm

I managed to gain my club 10 award at SW this week so ive now lost 10% of my body weight 1st 3lb which im really pleased about -only problem is ive nothing to wear !! i spent ages this morning trying on all my clothes and all my favs now look stupid and one pair of jeans Im sure I could get in one leg lol
Ive had to have my ball gown altered as is now too big (in the bust ) and that has never happened before ! Ive always been a big busted girl and suddenly theyve gone !!
I have 5 lb to target but not sure if i will go to that as both my sister and mum told me to stop as I am looking too thin ? never had that before either !
When i go to the SW ball there will be a photographer there so i will at least get a decent picture I hope !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Wow! Well done Linda. My weight goes from my boobs first as well, though it is nice not to have these huge things in front of me getting in the way. My hubby had bought me a lovely silver charm bracelet for my birthday in Feb and it didn't fit, way too tight. Tried it on Friday evening and it fits with room to put two fingers under!
I am going t have to spend a serious amount of cash on a new wardrobe Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:55 pm

I went into town today and dropped into Evans for a look at the sale. I ended coming out with a size 22 top and 24 trousers. Both fit lovely and even a little baggy!! I can't believe it! My gold bracelet that I have worn for years now slips off my wrist way to easily and I haven't been able to wear it for sometime now Sad

Despite the Christmas binge I have put on a couple of pounds but I know it will fall off just as easily.

A big change from when we had a meet at the Zoo in 2011 and I was in a mobility scooter because I had fractured the bones in my foot from being to over weight!
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Cindy you are brilliant , what an achievement!
I know ive put on this Christmas ,I did have 3lb to target but its probably more like 7lb now Rolling Eyes
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 pm

well done Cindy, you are doing great. Linda you will soon lose your added pounds, if you cant eat over christmas tis a poor do!!!
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Well done to both of you! It won't take long to get back on track Linda ..... I remember that day Cindy...and the number of times we got stuck! Lol
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 am

mrsp wrote:Cindy you are brilliant , what an achievement!
I know ive put on this Christmas ,I did have 3lb to target but its probably more like 7lb now Rolling Eyes

I have put on as well Linda and as Helen said if you can't eat over Christmas it is sad. Don't worry it will drop off just as easily chick.

That day was fun Liz and we will have to plan another where we can all be there Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caffeine needed Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 am

do we have to have someone in a wheelchair?
caffeine needed
caffeine needed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil Miss Sunshine Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:26 am

No it isn't mandatory but if we all did it would be a laugh Very Happy
Lil Miss Sunshine
Lil Miss Sunshine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hufflepup Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Most definitely! And the wheelchairs are optional!
Hufflepup
Hufflepup
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsp Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry to hijack this post but managed to lose 1lb this week so only 2.5lb to my target weight - im so chuffed !! the hard work for me begins when i reach my target as keeping it off is a real drag !
mrsp
mrsp
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum